Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, June 4, 2012

Aqua America v. Riverdale - Matter #H2O444

  

  
Several years ago, I told a fellow paddler/blogger that this whole Marcellus Mess was going to get ugly. I admit, once again, my assessment fell a little short.

If you're not familiar with what's going on @ Riverdale, take a few minutes to check out this article. If the mainstream media is more to your liking, review this.

When this latest issue first hit several months ago, I contacted a longtime friend at Aqua America. Although he was aware of the application to withdraw water from the Susquehanna - we've paddled it together several times - he was not fully aware of the details regarding the fate of the residents of the Riverdale Mobile Home Park. I suggested he look into it sooner vs. later. I hope he did.

There is a compromise that can be worked out here between Aqua America and the residents of this COMMUNITY. I truly believe that. However, I'll let the folks who are much smarter than I am figure things out for themselves. I mean, look at the great job Aqua America has done so far. Seriously, if the people at Aqua America who made the decision to buy this property for the sole purpose of creating a water withdrawal site to support hydrofracturing did not recognize the significant potential downside, they are not even worthy of being called clueless. 

As P/R nightmares go, this one is definitely climbing up the charts. And the SRBC better think about future implications for them as well.
  
Rage on, Riverdale.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment