Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stepping Away: 18,500 Strides to Gas Stock


As best I can reckon using my TI Abacus-II and average stride length, it will take about 18,500 paces to get from the Susquehanna River @ Nesbitt Park to Gas Stock 2010 on Saturday, 8/21.

Ultimately, I've committed to doing this because I want to and I can. I see Gas Stock as a great opportunity to get everyone together at the same place and time and hopefully...hopefully, everyone will set their egos aside and work together to help send a very powerful message to anyone and everyone who needs to hear it. If I can help raise awareness and a few extra dollars to offset the costs of the concert, I feel I'm doing my part.

For those that visit often, you've probably noticed I've mentioned this "ego" thing several times. I am not alone in recognizing that we've got a whole bunch of folks out there who, in one way or another, are all working toward the same goals. However, they are unable or unwilling to see beyond generating and reading their own press clippings to accept the fact that in numbers...there is strength. Several of these groups are having some internal squabbles which are causing good people to walk away. Others simply are oblivious to the nature of what they are dealing with, including the uselessness of most of our elected officials.

I am going to show my support for Gas Stock, and express my opposition the the natural gas industry's exploitation of the Marcellus Shale formation in the Susquehanna watershed, by walking from the river's shoreline in the Wyoming Valley to the Luzerne County Fairgrounds. I will be very, very visible and very, very vocal along the way. I hope you'll join and/or support me.

The Marcellus Shale Coalition just hired ex-PA Governor and ex-Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge as an advisor, folks Welcome to the big leagues. 

If everyone pitches in...GAS STOCK can be huge.


Get involved today.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the map.

    Might have saved me a double foot transplant. After seeing that, I'm thinking the Converse low-tops are not going to cut it.

    Penn-Lee Footwear, here I come.

    ReplyDelete