Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gort who?


As with pretty much every Saturday morning, I was up before sunrise this past weekend. And as I was the only person awake, and was in our nation's capitol, I decided to take a walk past the White House to see what was shakin'. I caught the president's abode just as the first rays were hitting the upper levels.


Now...you'll notice that there's nothing between me and the White House. That's because I put my camera and arms inside the fence. Okay...look at the roof in the pic above - left side. Nothing there, right?


By the time I took my third picture, I was noticing a little activity on the roof.


When I saw the second guy come out, I decided it was time to move away from the fence.


However...being the curious sort, I decided to zoom in and see what was going on up there.

For anyone taking pics of Obama's House...I'd suggest keeping your camera outside the fence.




Anyway, as I was wearing my GORT42 hat and face-obscuring shades, I'm guessing they'll be checking out some other guy.


Don't worry, Ben. I don't think they can read lips at 300 yards.

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Heh. I thought this was going to ebd with you seeing the changing-of-the-flag ceremony. I seem to recall reading that that flag is changed every few minutes, to provide a supply of "THIS FLAG FLEW OVER THE WHITE HOUSE"-certified flags to pass out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Neb. My dyslexia kicked in and I missed it during spellcheck. I meant my 24TROG hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky those weren't Blackwater USA guards. You would be sans appendage.

    I love this post.

    Keep up the good work dude. I still want to score a tee shirt. Tell me how. I have a PayPal acct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing you weren't wearing the trademarked "No Dam" T-shirt.

    Talk about the perfect center-mass bullseye.

    ReplyDelete