Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, February 18, 2011

Hiatus: Time to Sharpen the Saw

  
As most folks know, blogging is done on our own time & dime. Unlike the sleazebags in Harrisburg, our junkets are fueled by our passions and our pocketbooks. No free rides here: just getting up extra early or shortchanging something else to peck away at the keyboard. And in many ways, that does take its toll.

I recognize it's time to sharpen the saw...recharge my batteries a little. Actually, a lot.

Over the next few weeks, that's what I'll be doing. Until then, any posts will be short and sweet.

Something big is brewing, and I want to be ready.

I'll be back.

+ + +

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.  - Thomas Jefferson


  

3 comments:

  1. Glad I tried your blog again this morning. I was totally bummed yesterday and went to bed depressed because Blogger would not let me in and, as a neophyte on internet, my Google account did not seem to work and I had no way to try again. I look forward to your astute writings everyday and, of course, I will miss you, but we all need to reload (mentally I mean, not Sarah's way) at times. I am neither a multi-national, industry or govt. snoop. I am merely a VERY concerned PA resident trying at the local level to understand all the issues and thwart the industry in any teeney weeney way I can. Of course, the Conestogas and photos are interesting too. In my area, the land rapers have been meeting with DEP since last summer to get them to define cuttings and mud as Beneficial Use so they can dump that, under a fifth permit, into their dredge pits. Frack water is just a few yards behind I am sure. MW

    ReplyDelete
  2. MW: Thanks for your comment. I'm not going away...just going to do more things away from the laptop to recharge at all levels. When I start losing my cool and focus, I know it's time to step back. Who knows...I may come back and post twice a day! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don- Hope you have a fruitful break. I visit you almost every day. I know we all need to step back every once and a while. Take care. Peacegirl
    www.dearsusquehanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete