Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chesapeake Plans Susquehanna Pipeline?


Harkening back to my inflatable dam days, I established a pretty good network of folks from Washington to Wyalusing - kinda like my own advance warning network - who fed me bits of information about the Susquehanna. They still do.

A few days back, I received a call about a rumor circulating in the north branch, in the Marcellus Shale Zone to be precise, that I found somewhat disturbing but - as I always do - kept it tucked away in confidence.

That was, my friends, until I read this quote attributed to Chesapeake Energy's Brian Grove:

"Additionally, we are taking a very hard look at moving more and more water from permitted source points to these impoundments via underground fresh water pipelines," he said. "In the next several months, we will be completing an engineering study of our entire operating area and hope to move forward with these plans, where it is feasible, to dramatically cut back on the need to move water over large distances via trucking."

So...here it is. I am hearing there are ongoing discussions and/or plans underway to build a massive water withdrawal pipeline network all along the Susquehanna, including some of its tributaries, to facilitate water withdrawals 24/7/365 from our waterways to be used for natural gas drilling. Read the quote above, and tell me that's not what he's alluding to.

That recent entry to MSZ blogging, with an appropriate nom de guerre of Renegade, has it right. Sooner vs. later, someone will reach a breaking point. 

How much more are we going to allow?


1 comment:

  1. If this evil and blatant usury is not stopped by our elected and sworn representatives by listening to reason, constituents, and the constitution - if they wimp out on their duty to make sure anything done to this state is done right or not at all; if this illegal attack supplants democracy - then democracy will be wrestled back, one way or another.

    ReplyDelete