Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pet Rocks & Dr. D's Slide Show


As many folks who visit my two family (Chronicles) blogs know, I am still slowly ripping through boxes and barrels to ensure I don't pitch any family mementos or snippets from the past before I can at least scan them and/or ask my Mom for some background info. 
 
Here's one I found recently that dates back to the "Pet Rock" decade.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
This event was held ~35 years ago, which is, in some cases, almost a decade before many of the modern day fracking "experts" were even born. And here I was, lecturing about the geology of northeastern PA in front of PhD's and rock geeks.  
 
Anyway, I have a couple of early morning errands to run, so I'll be back at some point this weekend to complete this post.
 
Later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment