Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Seven Thumbs Thick


Over the years, I've read hundreds of books, journals, and online articles about Native American cultures and their philosophies. The "seven thumbs thick" message has stuck with me all these years.

I'm not sure where I read it first or last, but a quick netsearch this morning came up with several links to the Iroquois Confederacy.  That sounds about right. Here's one of them.

Anyway, the basic message is this: If you want to assume a position of leadership, you'd better have skin "seven thumbs thick" to protect you from being pierced by the barbs of criticism that are usually hurled at anyone/everyone who aspires to or accepts that role.

In light of several emails I've recently received, I think a few folks out there need to develop significantly thicker skin if they want to not only stay in the game, but make a difference.

That's my opinion for today.


BTW: Hi, Cabot!



I wonder: Why the interest in Breathe Easy Susquehanna County?

Snagged from an online article this morning:

"George Stark, a spokesman for Cabot Oil & Gas Corp., which has many wells in the region, said they've been encouraging community-based dialogue for some time. "We welcome others to join us," Stark said of BECS. Cabot is based in Houston, Texas."


"We welcome others to join us..."

Along those lines, anyone ever read "The Scorpion and the Frog"?


Have a great day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment