Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, July 26, 2013

On Bent Knee, I Yield...


...but only for as long as it takes to write this post!

Over the past six months, on definitely more than one occasion, I have begun to write my final post. I actually stayed late after work last night and fleshed out another "swan song" that I was planning to post on Saturday.

For the record...I'm not in a "giving up" mindset by any stretch of the imagination. With my return to work, I'm just running out of time on a daily basis to accomplish all I need to do at work, at home, at my upstate obligations, at my recovery regimen...and my multiple blogs.

And when I find myself seconds away from pulling the plug on this blog...something always happens that convinces me otherwise. And when it does, I chuckle and think "It's a conspiracy"...and keep moving forward.

Here's the latest from one of the many co-conspirators that are determined to keep me in the game. It was in my Inbox this morning, timestamped at 12:43 a.m.:


**********************************

dear don,

thank you, and thank you some more for your incredible posts, reflecting back and connecting history to present.

i was so shocked and sorry to read of your accident. i love your recovery posts. they inspired/inspire me to keep going - one day at a time, one battle at a time

big gratitude to your website and you, and especially your fabulous, courageous, inspiring recovery


 
***********************************
 
There are only two folks on this entire planet that know who wrote that email. Then again, with what our governments are up to these days...there may be a few more.
 
But from me to you: 
 
No, thank YOU!
 
You inspired me months ago - and darn it - you've done it again.
 
In the days to follow, as we both move forward with confidence, I leave you with this:
 
 
  
P.S.: Stay healthy & safe. We've got work to do! 
 
;o>
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment