Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, August 6, 2012

Compressor Station Recon: Remote My A**

  
   
I was in the Wyoming Valley yesterday taking care of a list of "to do" items involving our parents. I had planned a trip further north which had to be rescheduled for another day.

After visiting my in-laws in West Wyoming, a.k.a. Toytown, I decided to check out the general area for the proposed compressor station on the western ridge above the Wyoming Valley. I wanted to get the lay of the land, prevailing winds, number of homes in the area, etc.







Suffice it to say based upon my travels on Fire Cut Road and several others in the area, there appears to be quite a few homes that will be within breathing distance of the emissions that WILL be released from the compressor station should it ever be built.
    

My parents & in-laws, all in their eighties, live in West Wyoming and Kingston. I have more than a passing knowledge of the wind patterns in this area. The people in the region surrounding the proposed compressor station will be exposed to the emissions from this facility. 
    
UGI...that's not OK.
         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment