Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

       
Since this post a little over 2 months ago, I have received an incredible amount of visits to this blog, almost 20,000 views of the videos of my trips to Leroy, and dozens++ of direct emails from concerned citizens. I have taken three trips to Leroy totalling slightly over 1,000 miles, and I've breathed in enough methane to last a lifetime. I just hope I wasn't exposed to anything worse.



Leroy PA "Incident": Just another "Unintended Return"? from Don Williams on Vimeo.


To all who visit and write: Trust me that the scientific community has heard all of the noise from Leroy and finally...FINALLY, some of the people whose lives have been negatively impacted by these latest events caused by the natural gas industry have had enough of the lies from Chesapeake and the DEP and are speaking out and letting the Ph.D-type folks on their property. Those who initially doubted what I was posting about the streams and ground bubbling are now believers. And to that I say: Amen!

As many know, I've been doing this Sentinel thing for a long time, and although I've missed on a few occasions, I've boinked the bulls-eye far more frequently. DEP Secretary Mike Krancer painted himself into a very tight corner when he recently said the situation in Leroy was essentially over. I immediately recognized that as a door opening rather than closing, as did several individuals who are far more credentialed than I.

On my overall understanding of hydrofracturing and the geology of northeastern PA, I will never sell myself short. I've had some excellent teachers in my life, and have maintained a passionate interest in multiple scientific disciplines and environmental issues for the past 34+ years since graduating from college with a degree in the earth & environmental sciences.

To many...I'm just a blogger. And an old(er) one at that.

But, my friends, as we all know...




Stay tuned...and Happy Friday!
  

1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough for keeping u updated on this "very important" story! You have blown the lies of the DEP and Sec. Krancer out of the water and into the public eye. You have especially done a service to the people of this area. I can't imagine living in an area and having that happen to me and the people you are supposed to trust let you down time and time again.

    KUDOS and sorry for the price of gasoline, but your updates are historic.

    ReplyDelete