Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, October 3, 2011

12+ years and counting...


    

        
I'm pretty sure I started "blogging" not too long after I bought my first kayak, which was in 1997, and I know I used at least one now long defunct hosting website before switching to go.com in ~1999, which also stopped hosting "personal pages" sometime after ~2000 or so.
  
Even though the "Week 1" printout at the top of this blog definitely predates 10/3/1999, I use the October 3rd post as the "official" start date of my online river advocacy.

So...I've been circumnavigating cyberspace for 12+ years, which is longer than most. As true hardcore bloggers know, this "thing we do" can take up a lot of personal time, and that doesn't even take into account the behind-the-scenes stuff we do. And as most of my longtime visitors know...the vast majority of my prior posts weren't archived, so even though I am still paying to have the other site around, and can retrieve offline copies of almost every post spanning ~8 years or so, you can only view this one online right now. I'm glad Harold, Mark and Ben finally browbeat me into switching to blogger.com in early 2010. 
 
475 posts later...it's time for a break.

I've always been a goal-oriented person, and right now, this blogging thing is taking away from time that I really need to spend elsewhere to accomplish several personal goals that  - realistically - may be beyond my reach in a few years.
  
Anyway, effective today - on my "official" 12th anniversary of entering bloggerdom - I'm going to begin a little quasi-sabbatical from posting as frequently as I have been for the past year or so. I will continue to act and speak as a true advocate for the Susquehanna River. That will never change. I will also continue to follow the whole Marcellus Shale mess as closely as I ever have. I just won't be as active here.
  
Thanks to all who visit and have supported or acknowledged my efforts in any way in the past. Going forward, I will provide thoughts, comments and updates on my progress toward my goals if and when I have the time. In the interim, keep your eyes and ears focused on the Marcellus Shale & Susquehanna River-related news of the day, for you never know where or when I'll show up next.
 

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

 
  
Trust me, there's a huge story here...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Don, all the best. My morning routine will be shorter since I won't be able to check your blog. I will miss it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete