Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, March 4, 2010

NEPA's State of Independence


+++

Not much time to post this morning, but I'd like to thank the folks who are continuously sending informational links and e-mails. I'm going to share two this morning.

The first contains some footage from the recent DRBC meeting, and the second is an interesting post about thin places on the Susquehanna River. Both come from a blog that I am going to start following.

In my opinion, one of the thinnest places on the Susquehanna is at French Azilum. The other is Standing Stone. Carl Carmer thought it was at Carantouan. I'm sure there are others. My point is...there are a lot of special places along the Susquehanna that deserve protecting, and I've been to most of them. More on this subject in the next few weeks.

I'm finally seeing something happening that I've recommended several times over the past year in my comments at SRBC and DEP and DEC meetings...people & groups are starting to organize and band together as one. Meetings are being hosted at private residences. There are educational seminars popping up all over the place. Drilling-related films are being shown...for free!!

My friends, that should scare the absolute h*ck out of the folks from BIG OIL. I know they've encountered resistance before...but this ain't Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Colorado, or western PA. 

This is northeastern Pennsylvania, and the State of Independence is much, much more than a marketing slogan in this neck o' the woods. 

Hearing footsteps?? That would be us.
+++

No comments:

Post a Comment