Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No Honor Among Thieves

+++

I've received a couple of e-mails about the latest ploy of BIG OIL to market their purely-for-profit exploitation of our commonwealth's natural resources; the patriotism card.

Now, that would be a huge mistake...but it does not surprise me in the least. I first heard it raised, albeit deftly, at the final NY DEC hearing on their Draft SGEIS. I was a little surprised initially, even though I knew it would eventually surface. It hasn't come up at any of the meetings I've attended since then, but I'm sure we'll all be dealing with it at some point in the very near future.

Anyway, if that's going to be part of their strategy...I simply offer we are more than ready to respond.




BTW - check out this cartoon I tripped across yesterday. 

Disclaimer: Someone else created it.  

+++

No comments:

Post a Comment