Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas in the Age of COVID-19

     

It's hard to believe an entire circuit of the sun has gone by since my last post here. 

Anything of consequence happen in the past 12 months?  

To date, COVID-19 has directly impacted my family blood-line three times. One (my Mom) tested positive twice - yet was 100% asymptomatic - and has (so far) been fine and tested negative multiple times since June. One (my daughter) tested positive in ~August - had symptoms and got a little sick - but is since back to work on the front lines of this pandemic and doing fine. All subsequent tests have been negative.

And, unfortunately, one of the patriarchs of our family tree passed away from COVID in early November. A native of Kingston, PA - he was a good man, husband, father and grandfather. For many years in the 1960s, he also was a member of the "Spirit of '76" fife and drum unit that marched up Wyoming Avenue on Memorial Day. Glenn will always be remembered fondly and with great respect.  

It's a busy time of year and I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm fine. I hope you are as well. 

And for the foreseeable future...I'm back. 

Spirit of '76 Fife & Drum Corp @  Forty-Fort Cemetery - circa 1965

From L-R: Don Williams, Bill Thorne, Glenn Williams, Bill Connelly and Tom Thorne. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment