Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Update: Keeping Pace...

 
Friends, I continue to work toward my assault on Giant's Despair, which is still scheduled for Saturday, 1/16/16.
 
For those who wonder what's so significant about walking up a fairly steep one mile hill with a 40 lb. vest on, please consider the following:
 
  • I set this goal when I was still stuck in a hospital bed after rupturing both of my quadriceps tendons on 13Jan13. Post-surgery, I was spiking temps all over the place for several days and still dealing with incredible pain that mega-doses of Dilaudid failed to stop. 
  • I was still reeling from what the surgeon said the morning after he reattached both tendons. To paraphrase: "Wherever you are a year from now is the best you'll probably ever be..."
  • And as a final point to ponder, I am fully dependent upon a cardiac pacemaker, and I have been since April 1980.
 
And that, my friends, is another story for another day.


 
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment