Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Quintessential Saturday

 
I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I decided to take a break yesterday from the normal Saturday "to do" list and head up to Mauch Chunk Lake near Jim Thorpe for a paddle with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend.
 
Started off the day watching the sunrise & moonset, loaded up the kayaks...and headed north.
 
 
 
 
There was a moderate breeze for most of our time on the water, and "we" had to paddle for ~2 miles into the headwind to the western end of the lake before turning around and having a nice tailwind for the trip back to boat launch "A".
 
 
 
 

 
My wife and I. Note the PFD's. WAIT; where's her paddle?
 
We finished off our day with dinner @ one of our favorite "farm to plate" restaurants, The Local in Souderton. 
 
This morning, a few seconds before the sun peeked out over the horizon, a large hawk screamed from the tree line to my right and then flew across  the horizon in the pic below.
 
It's going to be a great day.  
 
 
Later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment