Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

 
Before the sun was up this morning, I was making Babka again. Seems my Mom & Aunt Helen r-e-a-l-l-y enjoyed the last batch, so as we plan to go upstate today, I decided..."why not"?
 
 
 
And yes, that is organic, unbromated, unbleached flour.
 
The dough is kinda sticky...to say the least.
 
 
 
While the dough was rising in the warming oven, I went outside to catch the sunrise.
 

 
 
And while the Babka was baking @ 350, I scanned a few more pics from the past that reminded me of times with my Dad.
 
 

 
 
 
 
By 7 a.m., the first loaf was out of the oven. 
 
 
And then there were two...
 
 
  
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads, Granddads and Great-granddads out there. Whatever you may receive today...return the gifts tenfold with memories that will last their lifetimes. 
 
Enjoy your day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment