Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, November 15, 2013

Respectus: The Ides of November


A year ago, I was preparing for my father's funeral. Ten months ago, I was still in the hospital recovering from surgery to repair both of my ruptured quadriceps tendons, an accident that happened removing my father's belongings from his house.

Last night, I was at the gym working the heck out of my legs. I had a lot on my mind, and I attempted to purge it by pushing my body to its limit so I became distracted by the pain.
  
For those that are wondering, I continue to make progress. For one of my workouts, I walk up and down steps in our home with a 40 lb. weighted vest carrying two 25 lb. dumbbells. I push off each leg slowly to fully engage my thigh muscles. My last workout was six trips up & down 13 steps. I'll probably be moving up to the 35'ers tomorrow once my legs recuperate from last night...and do it 7 times. I still have a long way to go, but to the best of my ability...I will get there. And if I can pull off what I have planned - well, you might want to be there.
 
For the 5 days after my dad died, I knew I had to write his eulogy. And every day, when I had the time to sit down and write it...I just did not feel the creative juices flowing. I didn't feel engaged. Actually, I felt pretty empty. But, being an early riser, I knew I had several hours on the morning of his funeral to put pen to paper. And that's exactly what happened.

I plan to post what I wrote this weekend. 
 
 
Until then...Happy Friday, and I'll catch ya' later.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment