Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

J*sus Comes to Dimock?


Let's take a quick peek back over the last ~quarter century of my family's life.

Three children born in 1986, 1988 and 1990. Christian pre-school (3), Catholic kindergarten and grade school (3), Catholic High School (3). Two graduated from The Catholic University of America, and one was accepted @ Notre Dame. He went elsewhere and made the right decision.

So, is there a common theme here? Hold that thought.

The article I linked to yesterday has generated 33 comments so far, up from 19 less than 24 hours ago. I'm choosing not to add to that dialogue, as it is accomplishing very little.

Call it what you will; code of conduct, belief system...or faith. Whatever you choose, my standards are such that I believe I do not have a right to judge others...hard as that is at times. But when I see folks invoke the name of J*sus, especially in defense of a purely secular issue, I find it both necessary and appropriate to weigh in. 

Somewhere in the past, and I truly cannot remember where or when, I came across the following thought which is a frequent companion of mine;
 

Beware of those who wear their faith on their sleeves, for in truth, their moral character and conviction is as deep as it appears to be.
 

I've been posting online since at least October 1999. I've never invoked the name of J*sus to justify, explain, or further my position, and I truly do not understand or believe in those who do. Facta, non verba.

I'll stop here.
 
P.S. - To the commenter who stated BESC triggered the infighting; Where the heck have you been? This has been going on for years.

Rookies...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment