Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Just Another Sunrise?


 
Our neighbor's dog went into attack mode this morning when she saw me standing in our common driveway taking pictures of the sunrise. Fortunately, she has enough tags around her neck that I heard the jingle as soon as she broke into a run. And...the minute I called her name, her demeanor went from "attack" to "Oh, it's just you." Pleasantries ensued...
 
Hopefully, today will be good day for everyone.
  
Nighttime on the city of New Orleans
Changing cars in Memphis, Tennessee
Halfway home and we’ll be there by morning
Through the Mississippi darkness rolling down to the sea
But all the towns and people seem
To fade into a bad dream
And the steel rails still ain’t heard the news
The conductor sings his song again
The passengers will please refrain
This train has got the disappearing railroad blues

Good morning America, how are you?
Saying don’t you know me, I’m your native son?
I’m the train they call the city of New Orleans
I’ll be gone 500 miles when the day is done
 

No comments:

Post a Comment