Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Touching the Past...


As stated in a recent post, I am wading through a lot of family memorabilia these days. Among items I've known of for many years are several pairs of glasses that are at least 80+ years old, with two that I felt were much, much older.

Yesterday, I took those particular glasses to some local experts who have been in the business for 40+ years to get their opinion. They went through a battery of tests with all of their high-tech optical equipment and poured through their reference materials.

I was pretty close.


 
Their best estimate: between 1780 and 1830.
 
That begs yet another question: if accurate, these glasses were worn by folks who lived as much as 100 years before my great grandfather Edward Charles Williams was born in Danville, PA in 1880.
 
Who were they?
 
Anyway...we spent hours yesterday working outside. Time to enjoy a beautiful Sunday morning.
 
Sunrise through blooming cherry tree on Sunday, 4/28/2013.
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment