Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day 2013


Happy Earth Day, folks.
 
I'll be spending Earth Day 2013 a lot closer to home than in previous years.
 
On Saturday, we recycled more than a dozen old cell phones, several printers, keyboards and monitors,  a flatbed scanner and bags of assorted power cords, old house phones and anything else that qualified. I arrived right at 9 a.m., and the turnout  already had ~50 cars backed up at the various drop-off dumpsters. Thanks to SAVE for organizing the event locally.
 
I hope everyone takes a few minutes today to do something that will benefit rather than degrade our planet, and I wish all those who have chosen to protest at the various PA DEP offices well.  Here's another post recapping activities on Earth Day 2010.
 
Here's something I created over 13 years ago when (successfully) fighting a proposed 750 MW power plant that would have dumped heated water into the Susquehanna River near Wysox, PA. It was amazing & rewarding to see so many people from far & near working together, which in my opinion, is a lesson lost on today's activist crowds.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment