Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Attitude is Everything


Over the past few weeks, I've been spending a lot of time going through old folders, boxes, filing cabinets, etc. Below is a find from yesterday, dated 9/14/99, that I thought I'd share with everyone.


 
 
 Four inflatable dams? No AMD or raw sewage?
 
The Butler Mine Tunnel is no more?
 
They missed the mark on more than a few predictions, and for these projections to come true, our current/future elected leaders and Mother Nature have their work cut out for them over the next 15 years. Obviously, for those that followed the life cycle of the proposed inflatable dams, you will remember that the CV was squarely in former Congressman Paul Kanjorski's corner until it became obvious the project was never going to materialize. And, in addition to the promise of jobs and economic revitalization, one of the many promises made by Camp Kanjo was to use the dam as a catalyst to clean up the Susquehanna.
   
In reality, if the Susquehanna's AMD ever goes away "naturally" - or otherwise - no one reading this blog will be alive to see it.
 
Switching gears; I had my final post-operative visit with my surgeon in Kingston on Friday. Future follow-up will be handled by one of the orthopedic surgeons my wife works with in southeastern PA. Like the visit itself, his parting message was fairly brief: stay safe ( wear braces for another 60-90 days ), take it slow to avoid injury ( it will be 6-12 months before you're back), and my favorite: "the rest is up to you."
 
I couldn't have asked for a better send-off. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment