Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, February 9, 2013

It Comes From Within...

 
Above: A brief stop @ Meshoppen Creek on a 700+ mile bike ride in June 1975
 
Below: My last powerlifting competition in 1982 in Wilkes-Barre.
600+ on the bar. P.S.: No PEDs.
 
 
 
I've always had a fairly strong set of legs, and over the decades, I've gone out of my way to protect them from harm...staying away from things like skiing, snowboarding, roller skating, etc. Outside of a broken left leg ( football ) in my senior year of high school, they have been almost injury free for 50+ years...until 13 January 13.
 
Now, as I slowly get back on my feet and work my way through rehabbing them, I would be lying if I said that I have no concerns about eventually regaining full/unrestricted use of both legs. There are many things outside of my control; how much damage there was to the knee area beyond the ruptured quad tendons, how much scarring there will be as the area heals...and so on.
 
However, in the end, I believe where I end up is purely a matter of will.
 
And that, my friends, comes entirely from within.
 
Continued thanks to my well-wishers.
 
I'll be back.
 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment