Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Surrounded in the South Newark Basin


My primary residence is located in southeastern PA and sits directly over the South Newark Basin Shale formation. I have a private water well on my ~acre of land.

I'm pretty much surrounded by folks with large tracts of land who fully support drilling for natural gas. Based upon conversations that took place at a neighborhood holiday gathering two years ago, I know this to be true as at least one of them has already signed a Marcellus lease for property they own in north-central PA.

Even with the current moratorium on drilling in the South Newark Basin set to expire in 2018, I know it's only a matter of time before the industry onslaught and propaganda campaign begins to take off.

I look forward to the day when the first land(wo)man comes knocking at our door.

No comments:

Post a Comment