Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, August 24, 2012

Leroy Methane Report: Release Imminent


To all:
  
Within the next ~48 hours or so, the recently-completed methane survey of several townships in Bradford, Tioga and Lycoming Counties will be released. I hope all who read it recognize it for what it is. It directly and completely contradicts DEP Secretary Michael Krancer's statement in his letter of July 12th:
 

"The situation is, and at all times was, under control by DEP," he wrote. "Indeed, at this point in time the situation is for the most part over."
 

As a one-time professional courtesy, I am giving another group that helped fund this report a ~48 hour headstart in releasing the data.
 
 One time.

Folks...I've been doing this for a very long time. My apologies for pointing this out for the umpteenth time, but I was studying and lecturing on the geology and geomorphology of northeastern PA over 30 years ago, and I had some GREAT teachers. I have more than a passing knowledge of what's going on above and below ground in the Marcellus Shale Zone. I am tired of dealing with all the Johnny-come-lately self-proclaimed experts out there.
 
Very tired.
 
What's happening all long Towanda Creek and Rte. 414 and the surrounding area for perhaps 10 square miles or (much) more is, unfortunately, just the beginning of a very long nightmare for the people living there. 
 
I like to think of this soon-to-be-released report as a tool. Like a vise. And the gonads of the DEP and Chesapeake are lodged squarely and securely in their jaws. Whether the folks in the impacted areas choose to turn the screw clockwise or counterclockwise is completely up to them.
 
I've done my part...you do yours.
     
           

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait and I cannot thank you enough for exposing this to all of us and exposing the lies f the PADEP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I feel like the lone responder, but I know there are so many that read your posts and are anxiously awaiting your findings. People keep asking me, because they know that I keep up with your findings and revelations. We all know that Chesapeake and Krancer will practice hiding and deception.

    If I could say anything to the good folks that have lost their water and their livelihoods from the releases of methane and, goodness knows what else, from the ill-fated wells they drilled in and around LeRoy, PA, I would say this. "Do you want this nightmare to continue anywhere else in PA and elsewhere? Do you realize that every part of history had pioneers? Do you realize that if you don't cave to the threats and intimidation of these gas companies and their cohorts (the PADEP), you will not only be serving your own interests, but you may (and probably will) be saving so many others. Those others may have small children that are much more susceptible to the effects of the contaminants that you were subjected to.

    Please have a heart so that others can avoid the nightmare you have been forced to live at the hands of the gas companies.

    We are behind you, in front of you carrying the banner, or wherever you wish us to be. We need you to come forward and do it before anyone else is harmed. We are very sorry for the things that have happened to you, but we are with you and we won't leave you. We will be with you, until the day comes that you don't need us anymore.

    ReplyDelete