Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, June 1, 2012

Leroy Update & Latest Video

  
Folks, even if I shut my email account down right now, it would take a few days to respond to all of the requests for information and offers to help that I've received in the past week.

I'm going to take a day or two to regroup. Otherwise...it's burnout city for this river advocate.

As a brief Leroy update, a photo-journalist crew from France visited the Leroy stream blowout site yesterday, and I believe another group from Australia will be visiting in the next few days as well. I also heard that more orange netting has been placed around the muddy spot I was standing on, and a big red marker with some writing on it has been placed right in the middle of the portal to the unknown. Gee...I wonder if cows can read?
 
In summary...the world is watching northeastern PA.

Again.
 
Finally for today, please check out the video below that I took last Saturday on my way to Leroy on Rte. 6. Watch underneath the truck, and you'll see the daylight visibly disappear whenever they drop whatever they were discharging/leaking on the road. Based upon what I saw coming from both trucks, I highly doubt this was from the vehicle's exhaust system.

The DEP needs more people in the field protecting the environment, not putting up flags & fences.

Ahem...I'm available ;o>



I saw two trucks dropping something on the road ( Rte 6. ) on my way to Leroy, PA on Saturday, 5/26/2012. The first was coming toward me, and by time I grabbed my camera, it was too late. There was so much spray coming from the sides of the vehicle, I thought it was raining ahead. It was not. About five minutes later, I came upon the truck in this video. It was dropping something in short, intermittent bursts. The glare on my windshield makes it difficult to see the discharges, but I'd be willing to sign an affidavit as to what I saw. Turns out this truck was a water tanker, not a sand truck. The roads were dry, so it was not spray from the tires.
 
Whatever this tanker was hauling, it should not be leaking ANYTHING on the road.
 
P.S. - NEVER leave home without a digital camera.
 
P.P.S. - Hey...at least I wasn't texting. That's against the LAW!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment