Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Empty Rooms

 
I know, from reading other local and semi-local bloggers, that many folks out there who visit from time to time are just starting down the road of parenthood. My wife of 30+ years and I are a little further down that path.

The role of being a father and mother is constantly evolving, but never really changes. My 80+ year-old mother still requests "2 rings" to let her know I've arrived safely at home after every visit.




My advice? Enjoy every moment.

Twenty+ years goes by very, very quickly, and before you know it, your home will be much, much quieter.
  

3 comments:

  1. I am living this sentiment. Our home is very quiet now, too. BTW, your home looks so immaculate and attractive. I love the aqua walls.

    Peacegirl

    PS Another emptiness in my life has been caused by the gas drilling industry. Our family summer home in Bradford County is surrounded by gas wells now. I know it is not safe anymore. Some cousins refuse to look behind the gas curtain. To quote one of them,"Camp is still apparently untouched." Invincible ignorance coupled with disdain for and intolerance of anyone who disagrees. Families can be fracked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peacegirl:

    Thanks. My daughters chose their room colors, and my wife is an immaculate housekeeper. I take out the garbage weekly and cut the grass. And I blog. ;0>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, I'll be home soon to make it a bit noisier.

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete