Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, April 28, 2012

DEP's Krancer: Susquehanna is Unimpaired


  
Webster's defines impaired as: being in a less than perfect or whole condition:

With that in mind...read the following OP/ED piece in a Harrisburg newspaper.

Finally, check out this article to bring this all together.

Our good DEP Secretary, Michael Krancer, is an attorney by education and trade...just like our good one-and-done Governor, Tom Corbett.  So, of course, he is more than qualified to understand the meaning of the word impaired.  Yet, in essence and fact, by refusing to grant the Susquehanna an impaired status, he believes it to be:

Unimpaired: In excellent condition: entire, flawless, good, intact, perfect, sound2, unblemished, unbroken, undamaged, unharmed, unhurt, uninjured, unmarred, whole.

Sir, I beg to differ.










When it comes to the Susquehanna River, Michael Krancer is:



P.S. - How I do love Saturday mornings...


And you never know who's watching along with you....

All photos and videos by Don Williams

Enjoy your weekend.
 
  

3 comments:

  1. Finally Dr. Arway is listening to us anglers.. I'm also not surprised to see Dr. Krancer's response, considering he's a former Exxon employee...seems to be something of a conflict of interest there.

    I'm sorry to see you have had to take a 'reduced' position publicly with regard to the Shale issues up in your region. Your voice was certainly well heard, even down here in York county. I'm in your area every two weeks; as my children live with their mother in Wilkes-Barre; and I once resided not far from the Susquehanna in Kingston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear LDS:

    Thanks for your visits & comments. My employer has recently joined the Marcellus Shale Coaltion, and I am in a very uncomfortable situation right now, as you and others who visit regularly would understand. I immediately went to HR and fully disclosed my position and personal ( outside of work ) activities. I also documented the same.

    As offered, plans B through Z are well underway.

    Hope you can make it to RiverFest...please look me up.

    Best regards,

    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr. Williams

      I would be happy to look you up, I hope to make it to Riverfest---and plan to bring my two rogues with me. I'm a recent 'convert' to the realm of Kayak fishing (well..converted three years ago, but just ordered my boat on Saturday; I've been trying to save for it for three years) and want to spend the last 20 or so years of my life with a paddle in my hand. I wish I had followed my gut years ago and gone into earth science/environmental science, but alas I did not.

      I'm sorry to hear about your employer's choice of action; thereby affecting your voice. I'm glad that plans B-Z are underway...you are a much needed voice. I also enjoyed you posting the letter you received from Dr. William Yingling (aka 'Dry 1' from the smallmouth fishing boards. He's been rather instrumental in educating me on the finer points of Endocrine Disruptors.

      Thank you;

      Dwayne..

      Delete