Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mauch Chunk Lake: Into the Night

    
I felt a need to do a night paddle yesterday, and as things worked out, I did.

It was overcast...but with no moon whatsoever while we were on the water, it was as dark as it could possibly get.

My paddling partner decided to get a good workout in, while I was content to take a nice slow paddle up and down the 2+ mile long lake in the mountains outside Jim Thorpe, PA. There was almost no wind, and except for a few dogs barking off in the distance...you could almost hear your heart beating.

Two hours in darkness, silence and cold...a great way to recharge the body, mind & soul.



Below: My paddling partner's vest reflects the camera's flash.



Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment