Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Senate of PA: Get Back to Work!

        
For the follow-up visitors I get today, and for the record, I've been registered as a Republican for the past ~23 years, although I rarely have voted that way for the last ~15 years. I'm seriously considering switching to the Green or Libertarian party...but as I get invited to Republican events from time to time, I just might stay where I am in case I get p-o'd enough to attend one of their fundraisers and share some thoughts face-to-face with some of these "leaders". Maybe I can even get one of them to cry. That would definitely not be pretty.

BTW - if you didn't get a chance to check out Another Monkey's post on HB 305, take a few minutes to check it out here. HJ - you are one of the few NEPA bloggers that clearly grasps the magnitude of the threat. Thanks for adding your voice to the growing and organizing din.

Anyway, as expected, the oil & gas folks have ramped up their efforts to discredit GASLAND and its nomination for an Oscar. Check it out here and in the New York Times here. You should also check out the gas industry's 8 page letter to the Academy here. Seriously...eight pages? There is nothing I enjoy more - save paddling on the Susquehanna before the sun comes up - than watching people who think they are brighter and better than everyone else shoot themselves in the foot and then wonder what the hell just happened as they bleed on the floor.

Now that I think about it, "dumb as a brick" might be giving them too much credit.

Susquehanna @ Wysox, PA - August 2004


Leading up to the event itself on Sunday, February 27th, the next few weeks should offer some great theater, folks. I'm actually already looking beyond the Super Bowl.

Looks like we've had one ugly ice storm overnight. Today should be fun.

P.S. - To all the public servants from Harrisburg that stopped by yesterday; you are wasting the taxpayer's money by spending time on the Internet - and definitely not on your lunch hour - reading my blog. Get back to work and do something productive with my tax dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the "spokesman" for the gas industry is starting to speak???

    ReplyDelete