Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Marcellus Night Mare

  

I'm sure the fact that GASLAND has been nominated for an OSCAR is of no concern to Kathryn Zuberbuhler Klaber and the members of the Marcellus Shale Coalition.  Furthest thing from their minds..not even an agenda item in their weekly strategy sessions. Nary an utterance...

I mean, tens...no, perhaps hundreds of millions of folks from all over the planet will be watching. Josh Fox will more than likely be walking down the red carpet. Cameras flashing...questions being asked at press conferences. More people thinking: "What is this all about?"

And then...what if he wins???


Night Mare

You can run
But you can't hide
I'll follow you to the ends of the earth
I'll find you wherever you are

I'll sing under your window
My low, melancholy cry
A reverberating sound
That will haunt you forever

I'll breathe on the back of your neck
So that your hair stands on end
As my icy skin brushes yours
And I whisper in your ear

You'll hear hoof beats following you
But you won't see anyone
When you look over your shoulder
Because I'm there, but at the same time I'm not

I am the shadows that stalk you
The clouds that gather outside your window
The mist that envelopes you
Invisible, pursuing you

And on nights when you can't sleep
I'll be at your bedside
Looming over you, watching you
Hidden by the shadows

Chilly winds caress your skin
Feel my cold touch
Does it give you shivers?
Does it haunt you?

My hooves clatter on the ground like gunshots
My moans float to you on the breeze
My spectral body drifts, translucent in the dark
My eyes hollow pools of ink

I am the ghost of your past
The Death in your future
Your worst fears come to life
A Night Mare

You can run
But you can't hide from me
Because you are my creator
I'll find you wherever you are





Sweet fracking dreams, MSC.
  

P.S.: If you need help making any tough decisions...let me know.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment