Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, December 10, 2010

Depraved Indifference @ DJFT?

    
As of this moment, the only living creatures in apartment 10C in the Daniel J. Flood Tower in Kingston, PA are the bedbugs. My mother, upon the recommendation of a visiting nurse and her primary care physician, is outta there and staying at our home for now. 

During a routine visit this morning, 12/10/2010, the nurse noticed my mother was having some difficulty breathing. After further examination and a quick consult with her doctor, I received a phone call recommending we get my mother out of her apartment as quickly as possible. And we did. I would be remiss if I did not mention the apartment received its sixth treatment just this past Wednesday, 12/8/2010, including a liberal application of who knows what on and inside my mother's favorite chair.

I'm sure there's no connection here....

And for the record and as confirmed by the building's manager in direct conversation with me today, my mother found another live bedbug in her apartment this morning in the presence of one of the building's employees.

I'd like to close with the warm & fuzzy glimpse into the management team at DJFT. When I called to inform them my mother was out of the apartment and wouldn't be back for a few days, they were more concerned about whether they should still replace the carpeting on Monday than about how my mom was doing. That's right, folks. During a ~two minute conversation, they never once asked about my mom.  

Does the specter of depraved indifference start to take form here?

Anyway...my mom is finally asleep, and tomorrow's another day.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment