Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ego? Ergo Forgo...

         
In addition to scanning the Internet for articles of interest every morning before the sun comes up, my mom regularly sends me an envelope stuffed with local newspaper clippings about drilling and other environmental issues. On Thursday, I read through her latest offerings, and found this quote from an article entitled "Anti-drill groups on wrong ground":

"The activists are not making their cases before the proper authorities, and their lawyers have told them point blank their approach will not stand up to costly legal challenges."

Seriously folks, how ridiculous is that? Hire people for their expertise...then ignore their expert advice.

I see this happening day in and day out, not only in the business world, but in this whole Marcellus Shale mess we find ourselves in. Yesterday, I began unsubscribing from several of the various Marcellus-related newsgroups that have sprung up in the past year or so, as I've found most ( not all ) of them a day late and more than a few dollars short. I can only listen to so much whining, and I refuse to get sucked into a circle jerk with no clear strategy or goals.

As many who visit know, I've been doing this for more than a few years, and have established a pretty wide-reaching network over my decades of environmental activism. I've also always strived to maintain a high level of credibility. In the past few days, my efforts have reaped a windfall of returns.

I know I'm on some lists out there, and I'll soon be moving up quite a few spots. My Rubicon lies before me.

Iacta alea est.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment