Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



I'm taking a break from all the nonsense to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mother's Day.

My wife ( a wonderful mother herself ) and I are fortunate to still have our mothers with us. They are both in their late seventies and, albeit a little more slowly, still getting around. We just saw them last weekend, and will be visiting with them next weekend as well. Today, long distance wishes will have to do.

Closer to home, my wife and two of our three kids hopped on the train this morning and went to center city Philadelphia to participate in the 20th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure event. I, on the other hand, have a list of chores to attend to...including planting flowers, herbs, and making my wife's favorite Cajun dish for dinner. I will not whine, I will not whine...

Moms, I do not wish to be toiling alone. It's your day.

After breakfast in bed and a boatload of gifts...get 'em all to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment