Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tomorrow's News



The supervisors of Lehman Township ( Luzerne County PA USA ) will be voting tonight. Their decision will impact generations to come. I truly hope they choose wisely. While you still have a chance....speak up, folks.



I have more than a passing interest in that part of Luzerne County. My great-great grandparents, the Williams and Stewart clans, lived there. Many are buried in that area. 



As a kid, I hiked its hills and fished its streams and ponds. In ~1976, while in college, I helped plant ~10,000 pine tree seedlings on land surrounding the Huntsville reservoir...the last ~500 or so I did myself when the Wilkes Biology Club wimped out and quit. Based upon the couple of trees I planted in my parent's yard, they're probably ~30-40 feet tall now. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to drive by ( and find ) the fields we put those seedlings in and get a few pics. I know one was near a multi-road intersection and not too far from a nursery or similar business. All to protect and enhance the local watershed.

Anyway,  I'm sure there will be ample media coverage of the meeting tonight. News at ~11.

P.S. - Anyone know where EnCana/Whitmar has their office in Luzerne County?

 

1 comment:

  1. Don, great post as usual. I will email around to see if anyone knows exactly where EnCana's office is in Luz Co. Herb

    ReplyDelete