Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, August 28, 2011

IRENE: Man vs. Nature...

          
...and although it isn't over yet, Irene is way ahead at this point.
           
Looks like there's going to be some record flooding all over southeastern PA.
    


We're probably an inch away from being able to float a kayak in our finished ( in many senses ) basement, and we've got a very long day ahead of us. Fortunately, we spent several hours getting furniture up on bricks, electronic equipment high and ( for now ) dry, and moving everything that could get soggy off the floor.
  
As far as I can tell, the water is still rising, albeit slowly. I've had two sump pumps running since ~11 p.m. last night. Damn the geology of my neck of the woods. I'll save blaming the natural gas industry for another day, but I'll have to make something up first...just like they do every day.

Hey Nicole J., ...any ideas?  

Anyway, all life on earth depends on water, and I definitely have more than my fair share in my basement this morning. If you BYOSP ( sump pump ), you can have all you want - for FREE.

Be back in a few days.

P.S. - I will finish my thoughts on yesterday's "Energy Anomaly" post as soon as I can, as I truly believe the Marcellus Shale hydrofracturing frenzy has negatively disrupted the heretofore harmonious karma of the once peaceful Endless Mountains region.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Don-
    Gee, I hope you don't get too much flooding in your basement. I didn't realize things were bad where you are. Take care.

    Carol aka Peacegirl

    ReplyDelete