Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reflections on Gas Stock


    
Although I'm an early riser by nature, 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday was a bit of a stretch. However, we had places to go and people to see, so we hit the turnpike at about 4:15 a.m. and headed north. As the saying goes, the rest is now history.
  

My friend and fellow blogger, paddling and now tree-hugging walking partner Mark Cour has an excellent post about the day, and I will not even attempt to cover the same ground. Dude, I want an autographed 8 x 10 copy of the pic below. Seriously...I knew you had it in you, but gheesh...
  

 

Whatever "it" is, I'm feeling it this morning. I usually walk 1.5 to 2 miles every evening with my wife, but trekking 10+ miles with minimal stops is like running a mile daily and then entering a marathon. Quite a difference...but all things considered, I'm moving about quite well this morning. I was up before 5, while my two daughters are still tucked away in slumber mode and will require significant prodding to get them vertical.
  

BTW, the T/L had a Gas Stock article and pic featuring the girls. 
 

Several of my friends from Bradford County made the trip to Lehman, and I'd like to thank them not only for supporting the event, but also for contributing to Gas Stock in support of my walk. We also met numerous fellow-bloggers and anti-drilling activists for the first time, and it is our hope that we will continue to keep in touch and work together to chip away at this critical issue from every angle possible

 
To Mark, Herb, Hannah and my daughters; a sincere thank you. In the years to follow, I hope you'll remember our time together and come to realize that one person, or six people, can make a difference. All it requires is taking that first step.

  
Here are some pics taken along the way.  

 






 

 






 



 
You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.
  
Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.
  
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment