Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Breaker Boy, Jig Man, Foreman


Those were three of the roles my father-in-law played at the Huber Breaker over the ~25 years he worked there.
 
I only learned recently that, many years ago, someone who was helping document the history of the HB came to interview Ben about his time @ the breaker. Evidently, he spent several hours answering questions. 
 
He started working as a "breaker boy" in his youth, and progressed to the point where - at times - he was responsible for overseeing the entire operation. His term "breaker job" - which refers to building something so well-constructed that it will last for generations to follow - is something that will always bring a smile to my face in the years ahead.


 
 I have many fond memories of my father-in-law over the 34+ years I knew him. I was fortunate to spend time with him the day before he passed.
 
He will be missed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment