Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Gift of Time


A year ago today, I was recovering from surgery @ Wilkes-Barre General Hospital the night before to reattach both of my ruptured quadriceps tendons incurred in a fall at my parent's home.

A year later?  Doing just fine, folks.

Thirty-three years earlier, on the exact same 40' x 100' lot in the Mayflower section of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, I experienced another event that changed my life.

Forever.
 
 
I've debated going to this place for several years.
 
But I now know it's time.
 
+  +  +
 
Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming,
I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son,
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more
 
 
Lyrics by Kansas
 
+  +  +
 
Stay tuned. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment