Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In the Land of the Cherokee


We spent the past few days on the road to & from South Carolina helping my son move into his new digs. Six states, the District of Columbia, and plenty of trips up & down steps in the span of four days and a little over 1,200 miles. 
 
When they talk about Southern Hospitality, all I can say is we witnessed it firsthand...many times over. And as always when visiting a new area, we took the limited time we had to explore the downtown district. With a riverfront to check out, that was one of our first destinations...after several trips to the hardware store. 
 
I have some observations about our whirlwind weekend that I will post down the road, including an observation about the riverfront scenery of Greenville, SC vs. my hometown of Wilkes-Barre, PA.
 
The Falls on the Reedy River @ Greenville, SC
  

No comments:

Post a Comment