Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, December 16, 2013

S.O.S. - Save Our Susquehanna


 
I've been at this for a long time, folks.
 
 
 
As of late I'm feeling that, perhaps, it's been too long.
 
For those familiar with American Rivers' "Most Endangered" program, you know that I prepared the 2000 nomination package ( coversheet above ) in late 1999. At that time, the only group who took the time to support/second the nomination was the Greater Wyoming Valley Audubon Society.
 
I again nominated the Susquehanna in 2004 and 2010. It made it to the #1 "Most Endangered" spot in 2005 and 2011. My partners were the Chesapeake Bay Foundation ( 2005 ) and the PA Sierra Club ( 2011 ).
 
This year, when I thought about nominating the Susquehanna again...I immediately dismissed the idea, even though I truly believe it would have easily made the top 10 list again.
 
Times change...and priorities change. I'm not walking away from being an advocate/activist for the  Susquehanna...I've just decided to move forward on a different path.
 
 
 
 
My thanks to the many who have joined me along the way.
 
More to follow...
     

No comments:

Post a Comment