Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Susquehanna at Risk: Commentary

    
My Google alert for the Susquehanna brought this article to my attention bright and early this morning.

A wave of the paddle to Mr. John Watson for writing it and the Times-Leader for publishing it. Additionally, a sincere thanks to everyone who took action in response to yesterday's post and email. Trust me, we are not letting anyone off the hook too easily.

My wife and I went out last night to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary a few days early. There's a great little BYOB less than 5 minutes from our home, and we had a relaxing dinner on the deck with a bottle of 2009 Hugel Reisling ( I was not allowed to bring any ice-cold PBR's ) to toast our time together and talk about what the future may hold for us, our children, and our aging parents. 

Believe it or not, if just for a few hours, the Susquehanna never crossed my mind.

Back to reality...


@ Cape Cod...a few years back.
     

5 comments:

  1. A great milestone to mark in a relationship, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think we're good for at least another 25 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sticking with it (marriage) is usually well worth it, especially considering the alternatives! Here's to 25 more happy years!

    ReplyDelete