Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, October 30, 2011

NY Times Article: Threats from Cowards

  
I'm sure this article will be widely distributed before the end of the day, but wanted to pass it along just in case you're not on one of the many drilling-related distribution lists out there.

I haven't received any direct threats yet, but there have multiple attempts recently to hack my PC - specifically focused on this blog - which caused a couple of brief shutdowns while I had some of my I/T guru friends track down the source(s) and ensure all the security software I pay for was working properly. For example, here's my traffic last Wednesday from StatCounter:
 
  
The majority of pageloads came from three distinct locations, and let's just say my I/T guru friends are very good at what they do.
  
Anyway, after dealing with hand-me-down computers over the last six+ years as we bought new laptops for our kids in college, I finally saved enough to justify buying a slick new Dell XPS laptop with all the bells, whistles and high-end memory/applications...plus some pretty awesome built-in JBL speakers. I spent most of yesterday tracking down long-forgotten passwords, resetting my wireless router, and just getting through the initial frustration of transitioning to a new computer after working the same laptop for the past ~two years. Once I've fully migrated to the new XPS, my next task is to scrub three older desktops of all old pre-blogger posts and any other important "stuff" before I take them to the next recycling event in my area.

As you've seen from several prior posts, Chesapeake Energy is throwing a lot of money around in northeastern PA...and the so-called river-friendly folks out there seem to have no problem accepting it. From the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, to the folks at River Common, to local municipalities throughout the Susquehanna watershed...Chesapeake is amassing a lot of markers to be called at some point in the future.

I have little time and even less respect for any of these groups, and the handouts they are accepting will eventually come back to haunt them many times over.

Promise.

   
"He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy." - SOCRATES
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment