Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, June 17, 2011

And Another Stream Bubbles...

        
On the eve of RiverFest 2011 in the valley of my birth, yet another stream in the Susquehanna watershed has been discovered bubbling methane.

Read more about it here.

Folks, this will continue until We, the People of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, decide we've had enough.

On Saturday, 6/18/2011, I will be protesting not the RiverFest event itself, but the fact that the people who organize RiverFest have accepted sponsorship money from Chesapeake Energy and Williams Energy. As a longtime RiverFest participant, that is unacceptable to me.

Yesterday, I was told I should not draw lines in the sand.

I ask simply: If I don't...who will?




Saturday, 6/18/2011 @ High Noon

Pierce Street Bridge (Luzerne County, PA)
       

No comments:

Post a Comment