Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Duke Decks Fracking Myth #1

  
I won't bore you with my take on the recent news. Check out all the gory details here.

Ever since Dr. Terry Engelder responded to an e-mail and confirmed what I already knew, I've been preaching about the fractured and folded geology of the northeast. I really don't need a peer-reviewed study by some professors to help me get a better understanding of the threat posed to our water supply by the natural gas industry and the drilling process of hydraulic hydrofracturing...I was studying under some great professors and lecturing about the geology of PA 30+ years ago.

This is old news. Eventually, and probably sooner vs. later,  we'll be reading about the fracking fluids migrating up the same pathways that the gas has already traveled...if they haven't already.  

Wake up, folks. We need a moratorium and we need it NOW.

1 comment: