Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fracking Waste Coming to Bloomsburg (?)

     
If a proposed frackwater treatment plant is built near Wyalusing, PA, the sludge extracted from the drilling wastewater will be trucked to the White Pines Landfill near Bloomsburg, PA. What I did notice about this landfill is that it's a newly-constructed site that appears to target industries that produce some pretty nasty stuff, including the natural gas folks.

BTW...is it me, or does Mascaro's elephant look like it's taking a dump?

How appropriate.

Anyway, you can read more about the proposed frackwater treatment plant in Bradford County here. Imagine that...22 people spoke at the hearing, and all 22 people were opposed to the plant. Go figure.

On a closing and far more positive note, I received an unexpected package in the mail yesterday from one of my paddling friends, Steve Pidcock. I have several of Steve's pics & posters in my home, but the underwater shot of emerging water lillies is one of my favorites...and the laser-etched SRS444 logo on cedar is right behind it. Way too cool.

Check out Steve's website here.

Thanks, Bro.



To all who visit, even the FBI guys...enjoy your weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment