Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tom Corbett: Straight Arrow?

          
Incoming PA Governor Tom Corbett claims he's a "straight arrow."

Read more about what he has to say here.

I openly admit I have a problem with that statement. I don't believe him. He has loaded his transition team with advisors and lobbyists from the natural gas industry. He received close to $1M from the same industry in political contributions...and that's only what has been reported.

Does anyone believe he's going to turn his back on his biggest contributors once he takes office?

Methinks not.

Hey, everyone gets a chance to prove themselves, and I hope I'm wrong about the man. As the saying goes; "it'll all come out in the wash."  Since he's stacked the deck with NG folks prior to inauguration day, let's see who he appoints to the top positions at the DEP & DCNR. That should definitely bring his agenda into much clearer focus.

The term "broken arrow" has multiple meanings. Some good, some not so good. MMXI dawned bright and beautiful. Today, it's ugly and gray.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?


  
"He hath enclosed my ways with hewn stone;
He hath made my path crooked."
       

No comments:

Post a Comment