Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Always Moving Forward

  
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

  
In a few hours, I'll be taking the turkey out of the brine mixture, cleaning & stuffing it, and throwing it in the oven ISO golden perfection. I've been doing the bird for ~28 years, so I think I've got it down to an almost science. Except the time I tried to hickory-smoke the bird...and almost served it raw.

I've been blogging for 11+ years now, first with Susquehanna River Navigations starting in October 1999, and then with SRS444 beginning in 2003 or so. At times it's downright inconvenient, but whenever I think about shutting down, I realize that one less voice in the wilderness is just what THEY want.

With each new post, I am taking another step forward. More people are finding my blog every day - I'm up to visitors from 30 countries - and I'm getting more contacts from individuals, groups and the media about my views on Marcellus Shale drilling. As of this moment, I've got three major irons in the fire. The first should hit in less than two weeks, with another to follow quickly behind. And I never know what tomorrow may bring.

I continue to get pics & links from others on a daily basis. I do review everything received, but usually have to wait for the weekend to sort through it all. Please keep the cards & letters coming, folks. I truly learn from and appreciate them. And to the other voices in the wilderness that visit almost daily, I'd like to hear from you. Especially the folks from Harrisburg, the DC area...and Israel.

Yesterday, I posted a brief list of defining moments in my life. Some were far-reaching events that are etched in memories across the globe, and others are much closer to home. I've decided to expand that list as something I will leave behind for my children and theirs. Hey, they freaked out when I played a 33 rpm LP for the first time, so I know my 30+ years of life before they were born will make an interesting read some day. The Williams Wallum Olum...kinda.

Enough on that.

If you read or hear all their member's missives, the notion of Manifest Destiny is alive and well in the minds of the Marcellus Shale Coalition. They think the rumbling they're hearing off in the distance is progress, and I'm sure they're looking forward to their year-end bonuses for all their hard work. I hope they relax and enjoy the next five weeks as we close out the year. Raise a toast or two with the people they've paid-off and in recognition of the people they've screwed.



And while they dream of sugarplum fairies and paydays to come, in the nooks and crannies of cyberspace, in the churches and fire halls throughout this country...and on college campuses, we are finally coming together.

On a cold, clear starlit night...listen for the lonesome drums.

From every direction, they are getting louder.

And it's US!

+++

P.S.:  Keep it under 5,000 calories. We've got work to do.
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment