Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hey, Cabot: Free (*) Fracking Water!

  
Needless to say, thanks to the remnants of some tropical lady named Nicole, any plans we had for this weekend are shot.

My home sits in an area with a very high water table, and even with two sump pumps running full throttle, they could not keep up with the torrential downpour. The high water alarm went off at around 2 a.m., and even though I had the second pump running in less than 5 minutes...it was too late. Fortunately, we did have enough time to get all the electronic gizmos up on countertops, and although we ended up with a good 3" of water throughout the entire basement, I'm hoping our losses will be limited.

The rain has stopped right now, and from what I can see, the sump pumps are finally winning the battle and the basement should be ready for the clean-up to begin in several hours.

If any empty Cabot water tankers are in my neck-of-the-woods, please feel free to stop by and fill 'er up. Considering it looks like you'll be forking out some $12M to the folks in Dimock to get them hooked up to a municipal water supply, I'll cut you a break on the price per gallon.

(*) Terms subject to change without prior notice.


I'll be offline for a couple of days, folks. Enjoy your weekend.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment